Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Recipe: Cheese Flapjacks // Chewsday


 This is my recipe for cheese flapjacks, it's super easy and quick and I make them whenever my sister and her four kids come over: they gobble them up!  Rather than a normal, sweet flapjack, these are more like cheese straws, but wheat free ones, which is a bonus. Because the ratio of cheese to oats is pretty crazy (these things are very cheesy), you also have to be careful not to cook them for too long and burn the cheese otherwise you'll end up with very hard crispy flapjacks!


Measure out your ingredients





















INGREDIENTS
5oz porridge oats
6oz grated cheese (I use either Cheddar or Red InLeicester or a mix of both)
2oz butter
1 egg
Half tsp crushed Rosemary (optional)
Salt and pepper (optional)
[Both the last steps are optional, depending on how lazy I feel]

Mix ingredients together


Preheat oven to 180c/350f/gas 4
Measure out all ingredients then mix together. (I melt the butter in the microwave a little to make it easier).
Press into greasproof paper-lined baking tin and cook for 30-35 mins
Leave to cool then cut into slices and serve





No comments:

Post a Comment