Monday, 10 November 2014

Dark Purple Eyeshadow Look // Make up Your Mondays


This eyeshadow is something I've been wearing a lot lately. I felt inspired one morning after seeing Cheryl with something similar on X Factor. It's almost a kind of cat-eye with eyeshadow, which just accentuated the actual cat-eye I do with my eyeliner. I've also been using a lovely Autumn/Winter-y purple shade from my Sleek palette which can go with either a nude lip a dark red or berry lip for a really vampy (is that a word?). In the photo above I've gone for a dark lip: Rvelon Va Va Violet. Below are the the steps I go through to get the look.

My bare eyes and scraggy eyebrows. (I have already applied my foundationa and concealer)
I use the lightest shade on my Kiko palette (number 100) all over my lids
I then create a cat eye with the colour Regal from ny Sleek 'Au Naturel' palette. This is a beautiful matte purple which I don't take any further in than the halfway point on my lids.

I use a fluffy brush to blend Regal out slightly and then add a cat-eye with my felt tip liquid liner (I use L'oreal Superliner Perfec Slim in Intense Black) and mascara. I use the shape of the eyeshadow as a guide for where to take my eyeliner.
This is the finished look, a dark, smokey cat-eye, less defined than the standard flicky eyeliner. I also used the L'Oreal Brow Artist in Light Brown on my brows.

The light shade that I used all over the lid.
'Regal', the purple shade I used for the cat-eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment