Monday, 24 November 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet // Make Up Your Mondays


I feel like I have to tell the world about these. I read Lily Pebbles blog and she had mentioned them so I thought I'd try them out (this was about 6 months ago) and oh my goodness! I have a bit of an addiction to lipsticks but these are by far the best of their type that I've tried. Six months on and they're still my favourite liptsick ever. And all for £8.99!

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet are 'liquid lipsticks' that are applied by a lipgloss-style applicator: something that seemed to become all the rage earlier this year, with every brand releasing their own version. However they dry down completely matte and just stay on your lips all day. I eat and drink and sweat and these things stay put! They are also (like they say on the tin) 'velvet'. I'm not entrely sure what that means but they definitely feel velvety, not at all dusty like the Rimmel Apocolips (which I didn't like).

The colours are just so bold and fabulous, every time I wear them I get a compliment on my lip colour or people asking 'what lipstick are you wearing?'


Personne ne Rouge! is my favourite colour, very sophisticated and not too bright.  It's actually very similar to MAC's Russian Red, but just stays for longer. Hot pepper is a very loud, more orangey-toned red, Ole flamingo! is a shocking pink and Grand Cru is a deep almost burgundy colour. Grand Cru is actually the only one I don't really love, the formula seems different and it seperates on your lips.

But really, these are just the best lipsticks I own. When I want a bright, bold colour (most days...) these are what I reach for. So please, get yourself down to Boots or Superdrug and try these babies out. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment