Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Let Your Soulshine // Chewsday


When I was home visiting my parents we went for lunch at my favourite local cafe; Soulshine.  Soulshine specialises in organic, healthy and locally sourced food and is, to put it frankly LUSH. They do the most amazing smoothies and juices, breakfasts (which are served all day) and gluten free, vegan brownies and treats. They make all their own bread on the premises and thier sourdough is to die for!
They also have a little shop selling handmade cards and books and a kiddies play cupboard to keep little ones entertained.


I ordered cheese toastie on wholemeal sourdough bread which was ridiculously yummy and came with a side salad. All for £4.50!! I also had a Healthy and Here smoothie, which was a green smoothie with lemon and ginger.

My Mum went for red cabbage Bubble and Squeak which cam with two poached eggs and a Totally Tumeric smoothie, which was made with coconut water.  

We didn't have a gluten free brownie but that is one of my favourites when I'm in the mood for something sweet.

Healthy and Here Smoothie (mine): Leafy green, lemon, ginger, banana and apple juice. Totally Tumeric (my Mum's):
"Did you know that love can grow in any place where people go" Don Mclean. This wall in the cafe made up of maps was my favourite.

My Mum's red cabbage and poached egg Bubble and Squeak
My AMAZING cheese toastie on wholemeal sourdough
The cakes! Note the gluten free, vegan Brownies in the background (LUSH). The gluten free flapjack is also incredible.

Not only does Soulshine make incredibly tasty food, it's also just a lovely place to be. The walls are crammed with cool maps or quirky photos and drawings and the windowsills house a mixture of fresh herbs and interestinng ornaments. I think it's the cafe's individuality that attracts me and once I'm in I never want to leave!

Follow Soulshine on Twitter: @soulshinecafe

Another map on the wall

The beautiful garden, which has outdoor seating.





No comments:

Post a Comment