Thursday, 30 October 2014

iLife // Thursday's Thoughts

We live an iLife. In this country in 2014 we live a very technology-led life. When I was at lunch with my Mum a few days ago, the couple on the table next to us came in, sat down, orded their coffees and then proceeded to spend half an hour sitting opposite each other in silence, not looking up from their phones.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my phone, and I love my computer and we are so very lucky in this country and age that most of us have access to these things. But sometimes I feel that we place too much emphasis on what we see online. You can have the perfect Twitter or Instagram feed, edit your Facebook profile to be whoever you want to be. So people's set their standards by these 'perfect' people and their 'perfect' lives they see online, when everything they're really seeing is through a filter (probably X-ProII).

Anyway, that was a tangent. I really just looked at that couple, both glued to their phones and thought it was a shame that we have become so fixated on the internet, and that we should learn to be able to switch off sometimes and interact with real people again.

...She says, typing her opinions and posting them online...

No comments:

Post a Comment