Saturday, 25 October 2014

Autumn Evenings // SaturDIARY


So the clocks go back this evening: winter is officially on it's way.  What I LOVE most about Atumn/Winter is the cosy nights in and the TV. God I'm so boring but tonight for me has been spent watching Strictly and Doctor Who and X Factor and last week's Downton Abbey.

I arrived back at my parent's yesterday, after a long ass train journey. I'm visiting them for part of 'reading week' (where the only thing I read is Glamour and some John Green novels) and today I was invited to a vow renewal/celebration of marriage thing. I'm never sure what the official name for these things is...
Anyway, this couple have suffered through illness and more illness, never sure whether they were going to still be here in 2014. But they are. And love is really something. I'm not someone who's easily moved by these things but hearing the couple say their vows again today was really very special and I think going through (and watching others go through) ilnesses and tough times makes you treasure those close to you and really puts things into perspective.

And on that emotional note...
Back to watching X Factor with a curry. #autumnevenings

No comments:

Post a Comment